All About the 2013 Apple MacBook Air
With its powerful processor, bold graphics, and built-in programs, the MacBook Air provides a wide range of capabilities for both personal or professional computing. Released in mid-2013, it packs a variety of technology into a relatively thin package. Whether you are looking for a new, used, or refurbished model, eBay can help you find what youre looking for.What are the main features of the 2013 MacBook Air?
The 2013 MacBook Air comes with a variety of helpful features. Some of these include:
- Thunderbolt - The Thunderbolt digital video output port enables you to connect the laptop to a variety of external devices. Using adapters, the port links the MacBook to DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI devices.
- Battery - When you are using the internet with a wireless connection, you can expect the battery to last for up to 12 hours. For movie playback on iTunes, the battery lasts for up to 10 hours. If the computer is in standby mode, a fully charged battery can last for up to 30 days.
- Core i5 Processor with Haswell - Most updates to this MacBook are internal. It features the 4th-generation Core i-series CPU, which is known as Haswell. This Intel Core i5 chip added a significant improvement in the already-great battery life displayed by previous models.
- Gaming and internet - The laptop also comes with an Intel HD Graphics 5000 card for better OS X gaming. This MacBook version also features 802.11ac Wi-Fi, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule for connectivity and external storage.
- Trackpad - The multi-touch trackpad enables you to control the computer without a mouse. You can pinch, rotate, and swipe it to navigate as you would with a touchscreen. In addition, you can use it to scroll, double-tap, and drag.
The mid-2013 version of the Apple MacBook Air has two different flash storage options: 128GB and 256GB. If you need more storage than these two options offer, you can also replace the existing flash storage drive with a 512GB model. For power, this model also uses the 45-watt MagSafe 2 power adapter and is also compatible with newer versions of the 45-watt Apple adapters.What interfaces does the mid-2013 13-inch MacBook Air have?
Despite its small size, this computer features several different interfaces to easily connect all sorts of external devices. It includes two USB 3.0 ports, each of which can handle data transfer speeds of up to 5 gigabytes per second. It also uses Thunderbolt video output, which transfers data at speeds up to 10 gigabytes per second. The MagSafe 2 power port accommodates the power adapter, while the SDXC card slot reads and writes memory cards.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.