Chevrolet Camaro Corner Lights
Be prepared for any situation that the road may present by maintaining or replacing your Chevrolet Camaro corner lights. With the exhaustive options found within this collection, you can find corner lights that complement the look of your Chevy Camaro.What is the function of Chevrolet Camaro corner lights?
The corner lights on a Camaro pick up where the headlights leave off by providing a housing for the right and left forward turn signals. These auxiliary lighting devices are housed in the front bumper of the Chevrolet and blink when the turn signals are activated to provide another indication to other drivers and pedestrians of your intent to alter your trajectory. These parts are vital to safety when behind the wheel of the Camaro and should be maintained frequently.What types of Chevrolet Camaro corner lights are there?
Though the size and shape of the corner lights in a Chevy Camaro vary widely based on the model and year of manufacture, they all make use of one of two types of lights: incandescent bulbs or light-emitting diodes, or LEDs. Incandescent bulbs are the conventional option and consist of a conductive base connected to a metallic filament that is contained within a glass housing. When an electrical current is run through the base, the filament ignites into brilliant light. Incandescent bulbs generally last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours of use.
LED lights, on the other hand, make use of compact semiconductor materials to emit a steady source of illumination that is rated to last 50,000 hours. This type of lighting is highly space-efficient and energy-efficient and stays cool while running. LED lights also come with the bonus of being compatible with clear lenses since these tiny diodes themselves can be manufactured to emit the amber glow typical of corner lights.How do you replace Chevrolet Camaro corner light assemblies?
Installing corner lights on your Chevrolet sedan is easy and takes about an hour. While the steps entailed may vary slightly based on the year of manufacture, these straightforward steps will give you a leg up when it comes time to replace the corner lights in your Chevy Camaro vehicle.
- Make sure that the Camaros engine is off, and then disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Turn the wheels to expose the wheel-well lining on the side you’ve decided to start working on first. Remove the bolts on the wheel-well lining so that you can pull it back to expose the corner light assembly.
- Remove the bolts connecting the assembly to the vehicle, and push the assembly gently outward to free it from the socket.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the rear of the assembly. Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly and push it into the socket.
- Secure the assembly to the vehicle with the bolts and reattach the wheel-well lining. Repeat these steps for the opposite side.