More Options with Dual-Fuel Generators
Generators are useful pieces of equipment for a variety of emergency situations, and the dual-fuel type can certainly rise to the occasion. With dual-fuel generators, you've got options, and you can never have too many options in times of an emergency. If you have been looking into generators for home use, job sites, or for recreation, consider picking up a new or used low-cost dual-fuel generator on eBay.What fuel types can be used with dual-fuel generators?
You can find Dual-fuel generators with a couple of different fuel combination options. Gasoline and LPG (liquid propane gas) generators are common dual-fuel generators, along with diesel and CNG (compressed natural gas). The former are usually dual-fuel portable generators, while the latter generally are not.What you should look for when buying dual-fuel generators
Make sure to keep an eye out for the following when shopping for dual-fuel generators:
- Decibel Output: Each generator has a specific decibel output. The louder units can produce up to 100 decibels, which is about the same sound level as a snowmobile or an MP3 player at full volume.
- Inverter: A dual-fuel inverter generator will make the power as clean as it can possibly be, which is great if you plan on using sensitive and modern electronics with it. Inverters change AC to DC power and then change it back to AC again, which not only gives you clean power but also gives you a 12V outlet.
- Starting watts: Many appliances with motors need more watts to start than for running. You will want to find a generator that can produce these watts for the time it takes to start the machine, which can be up to three times the machine's wattage rating.
These are some of the handy features you can find with certain dual-fuel generators for sale:
- Mufflers/Suppressors: Suppressors and mufflers come with some affordable dual-fuel generators and can lower your noise output by up to 20 decibels, depending on the particular generator you have.
- Electric start: Many generators come with pull cords for starting. These pull cords often break after years of use and require replacing. However, you won't have to worry about this when you have a dual-fuel generator that is equipped with an electric starter.
- Low-oil shutoff: You might want to think about getting an affordable dual-fuel generator with low-oil shutoff, which prevents the machine from running when the oil level gets dangerously low.