Executive Desks Lend Class to Many Spaces
From extra drawer storage to ample surface area, an executive desk is designed for a home office or business. eBay offers an extensive variety of executive desks, whether you are looking for something formal or something practical at a variety of price points.What materials are used to make an executive desk?
Executive desks are typically made from a wide variety of materials, each with its own particular characteristics for any discerning executive to select from.
- Mahogany: An executive desk made from mahogany will be less likely to warp, swell, shrink, or twist due to moisture.
- Solid wood: A desk made from solid wood is durable enough to last for decades when treated with care. This type of desk is also recyclable.
- Glass: If a desk with a modern feel is what you're seeking, consider an executive desk made with glass. The design will make the room appear larger while providing a look in line with modern trends.
- Cherry: An executive desk made from cherry wood will have a natural rich red and brown color.
- Metal: This is another option if you want a desk that is modern-looking and durable. If you need a lighter option, you can also find desks made of aluminum.
A number of styles can be found on these executive desks. Consider which one will suit your needs.
- Rustic: Made from recycled, aged wood, a rustic design is quite durable. You can easily remove scratches and dents with recycled wood, allowing the desk to stay in good shape for years.
- Contemporary: Contemporary executive desk designs can improve the aesthetic look of an office. They also offer comfort because of they often feature improved ergonomics as well.
- Transitional: An executive desk with a transitional look will have contemporary features alongside a traditional look. The home office will appear traditional enough to command respect, while having the ability to update designs when needed.
- Sliding keyboard drawer: The keyboard drawer can hide your keyboard and help make the desk appear clean, providing a professional look. Whenever you need the keyboard, you simply slide it out.
- Oversized desk drawers: Larger drawers provide ample storage for important documents, pens, and other odds and ends, keeping them safe and in one location.
- Shelves and hutches: Shelves and hutches afford you additional space on your desk, providing your desktop with extra surface area. They also provide a neater, more professional look to your office suite. A shelf for your computer will help keep it off the floor, reducing wear and tear on the machine.
Office desks are available in several basic shapes. Some common ones you will happen across include the basic rectangle, L-shaped desks, and occasionally U-shaped desks. An office desk can also be found in a multitude of colors, including dark-stained wood, light brown, red, white, gray, beige, or black. The desk's hardware is typically found in gold-tone, silver-tone, or bronze-tone.