Fashion Jewelry Mixed Items Lots
Fashion jewelry can often be worn to events that are both casual and formal. These lots of fashion jewelry can include a variety of pieces, including necklaces, earrings, brooches, bracelets, and watches. Such variety helps you find the accessories you want.What usually comes in a jewelry lot?
The pieces of jewelry that could come in a lot can include a necklace or choker, either of which can have a pendant; earrings; a bracelet; and perhaps a ring. The earrings could be any style from studs to chandeliers, the bracelets can be bangles or cuffs, and the ring could be modest or a cocktail ring set with a jewel. Jewelry lots are essentially a mixed bag of various pieces.What types of materials are pieces of fashion jewelry made of?
Fashion jewelry can be made of:
- Glass: Glass can mimic a variety of materials. Jewelry made of glass beads are tough and easy to care for. Rhinestone or diamanté can be made from crystal glass or can be made of acrylic. Swarovski crystals are a type of cut crystal.
- Ceramics: Because clay is easy to mold and fired until it’s very hard, ceramic has been used to make jewelry for millennia in many parts of the world.
- Bone: Nowadays, most bone beads come from specially bred cattle. However, bone can come from camels, monkeys, sheep, and even fish.
- Stone: Some types of stone are considered semiprecious jewels when they are cut and polished and make beautiful pendants to add to any outfit. These stones may include agate and malachite.
- Pearl: Real pearls come from oysters or mussels, but they can also be made of glass or plastic. To give them a more natural look, some are covered with layers of fish scales. Pearl earrings, necklaces, or bracelets offer a classic elegant look.
- Abalone: These shells are iridescent shades of blue, purple, green, and silver. It’s also called paua.
- Sterling silver: This is 92.5% silver alloyed with 7.5% copper to make it stronger.
- Wood: Tropical and temperate hardwoods carved into beads make beautiful and often fragrant bracelets, cuffs, and necklaces. They can also be made out of cork and bamboo. Cork is the bark of a type of oak that can be harvested without killing the tree, and bamboo is a type of grass that is treated like wood.
Other jewellery pieces are gold- and silver-plated, which means they have a thin layer of gold or silver over a base metal such as brass or stainless steel.What’s the difference between vintage and antique jewelry?
Vintage jewelry is any piece that wasn’t made very recently, often within the last 20 years. An antique was made at least 100 years ago. Ideally, the person who is selling an antique has certificates that can attest to the piece’s age and its provenance.