Freightliner Cascadia Headlights
Freightliner Cascadia lights are essentially safety features that must be in working condition in order for the vehicle to be street-legal. In particular, these lights illuminate the road in front of the Cascadia Evolution, allowing the drivers to see passenger cars and potential road hazards in front of them. When replacing your Freightliner Cascadias lights, there are many things that you should consider.What types of bulbs are available for Freightliner headlights?
When it comes to Freightliner lights, there are two main options available. These include:
- Halogen: Halogen lights, also called incandescent lights, are commonly used on the Freightliner Cascadia. They have a number of benefits as they burn very bright, allowing drivers to see in inclement weather. These lights need to be serviced once every seven months or so.
- LEDs: While LED lights also burn very brightly when installed in clusters, they are also energy-efficient. They do not create heat when they burn, so they tend to be able to last at least 30,000 hours before they need to be replaced. It is recommended that LED lights designed for the Freightliner Cascadia be serviced once every 17 months.
When you are looking to replace your Freightliners lights, you may come across some lights that are labeled "OEM" and some that are created by aftermarket companies:
- OEM lights: Cascadia Evolution lights that are OEM were made by the same manufacturer that made the original lights for your truck. This essentially means that the lights will match your original parts and have the same specifications. There are some benefits to this as you will not have to modify the assemblies in any way before installing them in your Cascadia.
- Aftermarket lights: Lights made by companies that did not play a role in creating the original parts for the Freightliner Cascadia Evolution are called aftermarket parts. The benefits of these lights include the additional options that are often available that may not be offered by OEM lights.
There are several things you should consider when looking for replacement Freightliner lights:
- Fit: Some light assemblies that are designed specifically for the Cascadia Evolution will fit your truck like a glove. On the other hand, some aftermarket lights may need some slight modifications but will still meet your needs.
- Maintenance: Your trucks lights will need some maintenance to keep them working properly. If you travel long distances regularly, you may want lights that need less maintenance.
- Finish: The light assemblies have a number of different finish options that can change the appearance of your truck. For example, the housing finishes can be chrome, painted, smoked, or even clear.
- Driving conditions: You may want to consider how much time you spend driving at night or in inclement weather when looking for replacement light assemblies.