An MP3 player is a handheld electronic device that can play digital music files in the MP3 format. They play audio which can be heard via headphones or a built-in speaker. Some models are solely digital audio players, while others offer more functionality and features.
Are iPods still available?
Apple discontinued the Shuffle and Nano models, but you can still find both new and secondhand models. You can choose from the Classic, Shuffle, Nano, and Touch models. The iPod Touch has not been discontinued.
When choosing an MP3 player, what features are important?
MP3 players come in all colors, sizes, shapes, and weights. Be mindful of what you will be doing while listening to it. You should also give thought to how much music you will be storing. Here are a few other factors to consider when shopping for one:
- Portability: Most are portable and handheld. However, weight and size can vary. If you are a commuter, you may want to choose a small, lightweight model. Accessories can also add to overall weight. Factor in headphones and speakers if you need them.
- Storage: Players use flash memory drives to store files and are built into the unit directly. They come in varying capacities from 4 GB all the way up to 128 GB.
- Expansion: Some products support Micro SD cards. Should the built-in storage be insufficient for your needs, you can store additional files on Micro SD cards. Insert the cards into the device for more storage space.
- Accessories and Extras: These devices have become more sophisticated as users have found more uses for them. Some support the AVI and MP4 formats for playing videos, while others have Bluetooth or HDMI capabilities.
- Power: They can have either replaceable or built-in rechargeable batteries. Choose the power option that fits your situation.
How durable are MP3 players?
This varies with the model. Models with quality construction that use good materials will be most durable. The activities you'll be doing while carrying your device will have bearing on what kind of construction you should look for. If you're playing sports, hiking, or working out at the gym, you may want to get a hard case for added protection.
Can MP4 or video files be played?
Only if the model specifies video compatibility. If it supports video playback, it will specify which formats it supports. Video file formats may include AVI or MP4. Check that your video is within the parameters supported. For example, it may specify a maximum video resolution of 240 by 320. If your file exceeds that, then it won't be playable on the unit.
Discover the perfect backpack, dorm room decorations, study supplies and great MP3 players to prepare for going .