How Do I Protect My Computer from Theft?
Data protection is important to users and companies, but there are many different ways to protect your computer from theft and data-stealing malware. Check out these tips for protecting your computer from malware and theft.
Why Do I Need to Protect My Computer from Malware and Theft?
You might wonder why you need to go above and beyond to provide protection for your computer.
- If your computer is a company computer, theres a chance that you have sensitive information stored in files on your hard drive.
- You need to add extra security to your computer and Microsoft software to protect your company from malware and viruses.
- You might also be concerned about the safety of your browser, user information, and files. Youll need to install the proper PC tools like PC Tools Privacy Guardian so you can use your computer securely.
- If you do not have the proper security for your computer or software, theres a chance that you could have your identity stolen.
How Can I Protect My Computer from Malware and Theft?
If youd like to protect your computer from malware and theft, here are some steps you can take.
- Delete any temporary files and temporary Internet files like cookies from your browser. Getting rid of these files can add extra security to your online identity.
- Install PC Tools and protection software like PC Tools Privacy Guardian to keep your Microsoft user information safe.
- Delete cookies and temporary Internet files regularly for added protection.
- Use Privacy Guardian Anti-Theft Locks for extra security when youre on the go.
How Do I Use a PC Privacy Guardian Anti-Theft Lock?
If you have a PC Privacy Guardian Anti-Theft Lock, you might wonder how to use it.
- Privacy Guardian Anti-Theft Locks attach to most laptops with strong T-Bars and cords.
- You install your PC Privacy Guardian software to ensure safe internet browsing. It blocks ad machines from following your digital fingerprint and works to protect you from identity theft and malware.
- The anti-theft lock attaches your laptop to a secure spot. Only you have the proper removal tool so that you can move your computer around.
- By using both the privacy protection software and the physical anti-theft lock, you can work to protect your data.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by brands mentioned above.