Jeep Liberty Tail Lights
The Jeep Liberty is a compact sport utility vehicle that has been in production from 2002 through 2012. The Jeep Liberty succeeded the Jeep Cherokee, providing off-road rugged capability with comfortable accommodations made for both passengers and cargo. Tail lights are required safe operating equipment for on-road and off-road use and contribute to the overall look of the Jeep.How do you find the size of a replacement bulb?
There are two ways to definitively determine the size you need for your Jeep Liberty tail lights. You can check your Jeep owners manual for sizing information or you can remove the bulb and check it for sizing information. You will find this plainly printed on the glass part of the bulb or on the metal housing.What are Euro tail lights?
Euro tail lights, also known as Altezza or clear lights, are defined by the transparent cover lens and visible light elements within the lighting assembly. The lens cover may be clear or smoke. The back bezel is usually an important design feature in these tail lights. These are available in chrome, black, and smoke. Euro tail lights are modeled after the exterior vehicle lighting common on European cars and are found on many luxury cars.What are the benefits of using halogen bulbs?
- Halogen bulbs are the stock light option for many Jeep tail lights. Since they are very common, finding the ones you need is easy.
- Halogens are available with special coatings that make them emit bright white light. Halogen bulbs without this coating create light with a warm, yellow tint. You have the option of choosing which kind of light you prefer for your Jeep Liberty tail lights.
Fixing a Liberty taillight is as easy as removing the old housing and inserting the new one into the Jeep taillight assembly. Electrical connections are plug-style, making it easy to just detach the wires of the old housing and add the new assembly. The headlight assembly is held in place with a few screws; a screwdriver will be needed to complete the job.What are the benefits of LED bulbs for Jeeps?
- LED bulbs will produce steady light for likely as long as you will be using your Jeep Liberty. The exact lifetime of every LED bulb varies by brand and type, but it is typical for them to be able to stay on for years at a time without burning out.
- The typical color temperature for LEDs is cool white light. This type of light is highly visible and bright.
- LED energy requirements are very low, which will save your Jeep Libertys battery and alternator some wear and tear.
- The turn-up time for LED lights is very low. It takes almost no time at all for the light to reach full brightness, resulting in clear signaling to other drivers as well as pedestrians.