Land Rover Discovery Tail Lights
Tail lights are an important and legally required safety feature for your Land Rover Discovery. They also provide one of the easiest ways to give your vehicle a distinctive style. There are several options available in styles and types.What should you consider when buying tail lights?
- Legality: Be sure lights meet all legal requirements for your area.
- Compatibility: Be sure they are designed to fit your Land Rover Discovery.
- Type: Decide whether you want halogen, HID, or LED lights.
- Style: Custom tail lights are an excellent way to add style to your vehicle.
Some of the available bulb types include:
- Halogen: These use tungsten filaments to give off illumination and halogen gas to make the filaments last longer in your Land Rover.
- HID/Xenon: These bulbs use electric arcs passing through xenon gas to produce light. HID stands for high-intensity discharge. They are bright, long-lasting, and quick to reach full brightness.
- LED: These bulbs use LEDs to produce light. They are bright, long-lasting, durable, and efficient, and they reach full illumination quickly.
Generally, its better to replace both parts in your Discovery car. The old tail light probably wont be as bright as the new one. Moreover, if one has failed, the other will probably fail soon, too. Replacing both is also a good way to upgrade to a new style or a more efficient type. If you do replace only one tail light, make sure the new one is made for the side that needs a new one. The new light should also match the old one.What types of custom tail lights are available?
Here are some of the options that can give your Land Rover Discovery a unique look. These styles can come with chrome or black housings. While red lights are required, white and orange sections can provide extra style.
- LEDs: These can be arranged in a variety of configurations that are impossible with other bulbs.
- Euros: These feature multiple bulbs and internal cutouts to make the lights look like projection lenses.
- Fiber Optic: These have small fiber optic cables that resemble neon lighting.
You can change them using screwdrivers and a socket wrench. While the exact process may vary depending on the vehicle and the types of light used, here are some basic steps. Its important to keep the bulbs very clean during the process.
- Find and unscrew the old assembly.
- Disconnect the wiring.
- Remove the old assembly, put the new one in, and fasten it with screws.
- Re-connect the wiring.
- Make sure the new lights work before driving your Land Rover Discovery.