Mazda CX-5 Tail Lights
With so many options available, new taillights don’t only keep you safely within the letter of the law; they can also be a way to customize your Mazda. Look at the following options to find the taillights that will make your Mazda unique.What are the benefits of LED lighting for the CX-5?
While LED lighting is a technology that can seem too good to be true, the fact is that LED light bulbs, called diodes, are here to stay. Each LED diode uses a fraction of the electricity consumed by conventional illumination sources and comes in a smaller size. Each diode is rated to last 50,000 hours, or over 5.7 years of continuous use.How do you install the 3rd brake light?
The 3rd brake light on your Mazda is required by law because it is an integral part of on-the-road safety. With these simple steps, you can ensure that your CX-5 is good to go the next time you drive away. This process requires basic shop tools and about 20 minutes of labor.
- Disconnect the battery and open the tailgate.
- Remove the 3rd brake light cover by pulling it gently away from the vehicle.
- Remove the screws holding the housing in place and pull the assembly slightly away from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical harness and discard the old assembly.
- Put the new assembly in place, connect the electrical harness, and secure the new assembly to your Mazda CX-5 with the screws. Cap the assembly with the cover to complete installation.
While making sure that other drivers can accurately pinpoint your position when decelerating is integral to getting from point A to point B, why settle for bright red when you can tint your taillights slightly for a unique look? Smoked taillights appear darker on the road but still emit the same amount of illumination as conventional taillight models.How do you replace taillight assemblies on a CX-5?
Even if your old taillight assembly is functioning well, it’s often necessary to replace the entire assembly when upgrading to LED taillights. This is a moderately complex process requiring basic shop tools and about an hour of labor.
- Open the tailgate, disconnect the battery, and pick a side to start with.
- Open the assembly cover panel and remove the two screws holding the old assembly in place.
- Pull the taillight assembly gently away from your Mazda CX-5, but firmly enough to disengage the plastic pins.
- Unclip the electrical harness and discard the old assembly.
- Put the new assembly in place and connect the electrical harness.
- Push the taillight assembly into the cavity and secure it with the screws.
- Replace the cover panel and repeat these steps for the other side.