Troy Bilt String Trimmer Parts and Accessories
String trimmers are essential tools for lawn maintenance in the spring, summer, and fall. As with every lawn and garden tool, proper maintenance is necessary to keep a string trimmer in good condition, and this sometimes means acquiring replacement parts or adding accessories. Troy-Bilt, a family-owned company established in since 1932 and based in Valley City, Ohio, offers replacement parts and accessories for all of its string trimmer models.What type and gauge of trimmer line should I use?
This depends upon the scope of the job to be completed, as different types and gauges are available for varying degrees of work. A heavy-duty commercial-grade job will require a heavier-duty trimmer line than would be required to complete light or medium residential work. As a general rule, the following types of job scopes should use the corresponding types and gauges of line:
- Light to medium residential work requires at a minimum a round type with a gauge between 0.065 inch and 0.080 inch.
- Medium to heavy residential or commercial work requires at a minimum a multisided type with a gauge between 0.085 inch and 0.105 inch.
- Very heavy residential or commercial work requires at a minimum a serrated or twisted type with a gauge of 0.110 inch or higher.
OEM parts are specifically manufactured for each make and model, so using them is likely to produce the best results and ensure proper operation. That ssaid, there are also a variety of aftermarket parts that may be able to do the job just as well. Regardless of which you choose, before ordering, be sure to check your owners manual for your model number.What parts often need replacing on string trimmers?
The some common routine maintenance and repair parts and accessories are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list, so others may be required in order to address specific issues as they arise.
- Trimmer head - Some of these are designed for quick installation without disassembling the machine.
- Spark plug - This is for a trimmer powered by a gasoline engine.
- Two-cycle oil - This is for two-cycle, gasoline-powered types.
- Pull start cable - This is for a trimmer with a gasoline engine.
- Carburetor - This is also for a gasoline-powered model.
- Air filter - This is used to supply clean air to a trimmers gasoline engine.
- Battery - This is for a cordless electric model.