Enjoy Mobile Features with a Verizon Android Smartphone
Verizon Wireless began in 1990 as a spin-off from its parent company and offers mobile communication devices and services. The company provides networks to smartphones that run on the Android operating system for brands such as Motorola, Samsung, LG, and Huawei. If you are looking for a phone that runs on Android, you may find it helpful to know some common features, styles, and types that are available to you.Can you choose a smartphone's storage capacity?
Most Android phones have an internal drive that allows you to store a specific amount of data. Storage amounts for these devices are measured in megabytes or gigabytes. You are not limited to one type of data, so you have the freedom of storing family and vacation photos, short videos, or textual documents all on one drive. However, you may wish to choose the storage size that meets your needs. Some common capacities you may find during your search range from 64GB to 100GB and 256GB.What kinds of smartphone processors are there?
The processor in your smartphone is what allows it to analyze data, run apps, and perform the tasks that you need it to do. Most processors for Verizon Android smartphones have measurements for their speed and the number of cores they contain. Some processor types you may find while looking for a new smartphone include:
- Single-core - These are processors with one core to run all of your Android's functions.
- Dual-core - These Android devices have two cores.
- Qua-core - These phones have four cores.
- Octa-core - These Android phones use eight cores. They may be configured as two sets of four cores in some cases.
Various phones have different ways of opening or interacting with you as a user. Some common styles for these devices include:
- Bar - These phones are a single unit with the screen already exposed and ready to interface with you.
- Flip - These phones have a covering on the screen that you can flip up to reveal the keypad, keyboard, or user interface.
- Slider - These phones usually contain a full QWERTY keyboard that you can access by sliding the front plate up and out of the way.
- Swivel - A swivel Android device is similar to a slider, but you rotate the front plate out to the side and away from the screen.
You may wish to add a particular group or number of features to the smartphone of your choice. Some common features you might encounter are:
- GPS location
- Wireless network and Internet-ready
- Voice dialing for hands-free calls