Earrings are often worn by those who want an accessory to complete an outfit or certain look. Whether you’re looking to sell jewelry yourself or you’re looking for wholesale jewelry supplies for the base of your craft, starting with wholesale earrings can be a great option. Wholesale offerings are available in a wide variety of designs, materials, and lengths.What types of earrings are there?
When it comes to earrings, there are many different types and styles that are available. These types include:
- Stud earrings: Studs are a type of earring that have the decoration mounted on a straight post that then goes through the ear. Stud earrings generally feature a stone, bead, or a piece of metal shaped into a unique design.
- Hoop earrings: These earrings come in the shape of a hoop that pass through the ear. Some hoop earrings create a full loop while others only create a partial loop. Hoop earrings are often made from metal tubing.
- Drop and dangle earrings: These earrings attach to the lobe and then hang down. Drop earrings often have beads, pearls, chains, or gemstones attached depending on the style. Dangle earrings are often designed to flow from the ear down, so they may have chains or very small rhinestones. They can fall just below the earlobe or fall all the way to the shoulders.
- Barbell earrings: These earrings resemble bars with two orbs on either end. One of the orbs is permanently affixed while the other orb is removable to allow the wearer to put in and take out the earring.
- Statement earrings: These earrings have bold, unique designs that make them stand out when worn.
Materials that earrings may be made from include:
- Metals: Many of the metals used in earrings are plated. For example, gold-plated wire and silver-plated wire may be common. Base metals, such as nickel, iron, titanium, and copper are also used to make earrings.
- Gemstones: Rhinestones, gems, and pearls of varying colors, styles, and sizes can be used to adorn stud earrings. For instance, diamond stud earrings will differ in the diamond’s cut, color, clarity, and carat.
- Decorations: Some earrings that are designed for casual wear may have some unique decorations that set them apart. These may include tassels, fabric, or even clay creations.
There are three main types of closures you can choose from for your wholesale earrings:
- Clips: These earrings have a sturdy clasp that cling on the ear like a small clamp. Because these earrings can be worn by those without pierced ears, they are often offered by jewelry wholesale suppliers.
- Post: Posts are small metal bars that go through the ear. It is usually secured with a friction setting or cap that goes on behind the earlobe where it cannot be seen. Posts may be combined with hinges and clasps for cuff earrings and hoops.
- Hooks: Hooks are often used for dangling or drop earrings. These clasps have a curved portion that pass through the piercing and provides a counterweight for the earring to stay in place.